DESCRIPTION OF THE LEGAL ENTITY AND ITS MAIN TASKS
PTK is an Italian SME, established in 1994, which provides solutions to exploit the value of geospatial data through all phases of data life cycle from acquisition, storage, management, analysis and sharing of information to produce and generate knowledge. At all stages, PTK adopts the principles of strategic design to create and develop strategic solutions able to meet the wishes of our users, adopting the best technologies available on the market, with full respect for economic, social and environmental sustainability.
PTK operates in different application areas:
- Satellite, aerial and drone data processing for cartography and geo-information production:
- Design and development of Spatial Data Infrastructures for geospatial data archive, management and sharing;
- Design and development of real-time geo-location based solutions, through positioning systems such as GPS/Gallileo/GNSS and indoor location systems;
- Development of software for the satellite on-board data and image processing and for ground segment infrastructures.
PTK is active in both national and international markets. PTK group operates at an international level by providing solutions for the EC and its agencies, space agencies, national and international public administrations, research institutions, private companies and engineering firms working at global level. PTK is, furthermore, an OGC Associate Member and member of EARSC (European Remote Sensing Companies Association). PTK provides solutions with a great experience in Land monitoring solutions and in Spatial Data Infrastructures compliant with OGC/ISO standards and INSPIRE implementing rules. The PTK’s experience conjugates mastering of advanced remote sensing processing, with GIS Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) competence and real world application delivery.
Planetek expertise includes among others:
- Relevant experiences in both operational and research & development European projects concerning the mapping of coastal features (land, water and sea bottom) from satellite, including the use of in situ information for calibration/validation and for real time data fusion.
- Relevant experiences as Service Provider of Copernicus services with an extensive realization of high-resolution land cover products such as forest and imperviousness layers for the Mediterranean area and Urban Atlas maps for several important European cities.
- Expertise in Design and development of Spatial Data Infrastructures for geospatial data archive, management and sharing. PKI is responsible for the Development of the technical components of the INSPIRE Geoportal at European Level. The system, based on Open Source technologies, is realized through national nodes interconnected with each other, providing geographic data, metadata, and services, in compliance with the regulations established at the European level and standards such as those defined by the ISO and the OGC ®.
- Expertise in Design and development of real-time geo-location based solutions, through positioning systems such as GPS/Gallileo/GNSS and indoor location systems.
CV OF THE PERSONS
Vincenzo Massimi (Male) started in the field of geomatics technologies with the Bachelor degree and continued the research during the Master degree and Phd course that he completed in May 2016.
His research is devoted to the techniques of analysis and monitoring of structure, infrastructures and environment using geomatics-based techniques with a particular focus on remote sensing monitoring of landslides, structures and infrastructures, using innovative techniques of survey like UAV Photogrammetry, GNSS, Synthetic Aperture Radar and data analysis using Artificial Intelligence (AI). During the research activities, he acquired experience on geomatic techniques for the monitoring of displacements. He was involved in an ESA project "Space for Smart Resource Management for Disaster early warning (SMART)" and in a Research Project of National Interest (PRIN 2011) “Innovative and emerging geomatics techniques of survey and remote sensing (satellite, aerial and UAV) and WebGIS for real time mapping of Risk and Prevention of environmental damages”.
In 2016, he became a member of Planetek Italia Technical Team as Pre-Sales Technical Assistant of Rheticus® service for public administrations and private companies. He is involved in several research and commercial projects focused on Rheticus® displacement service based on SAR data processing.
Anna Maria Deflorio (Female) is a senior technical specialist at Planetek Italia with thirteen years of experience in multispectral data processing, map and charts generation, classification and photo-interpretation of satellite optical images for land cover and land use analysis at regional and national scale. She has been involved as satellite image analyst and photo-interpreter in important European projects focused in natural hazard assessment like SLAM (Service for LAnslides Monitoring) and MASSIVE (Mapping Seismic Vulnerability and Risk of Cities) projects. SLAM project was financed by ESA with the aim to define and prototype a user-oriented service for landslide hazard monitoring and damage prevention derived from Earth Observation. MASSIVE, funded by European Commission, was aimed to provide the European Civil Protection with models for the calculation of the vulnerability and the seismic risk in urban areas and models of evacuation during earthquakes events.
Francesco Coletta (Male) has over 15 years of experience in the development of advanced software solutions both for the public administration and for the private sector.
He currently plays the role of Technical Manager within the B2B Strategic Business Unit at Planetek Italia. In this position, he have direct responsibility for project execution, technical proposal writing, team management, analysis and development Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI).
He has long technical experience as Software Developer and Architect first and Team Manager then. Excellent understanding of system integration, database design and web development techniques especially on server side. Well-respected lead of team members. In case, capability to assist them directly with coding and debugging problems. Experience in the procurement of complex IT systems from hardware to software. Particular mix of domain specific knowledge, that spans from embedded systems, passes over large-scale integration and system engineering problems and arrives at geo-informatics.
He is responsible for the technical development of the Rheticus Displacement platform.
Marco Fago (Male) is an experienced PhD and senior software engineer with more than 15 years of solid experience in software development and many different markets (banks, telecommunications, services, space) concerning public and private sectors. He is currently SCRUM master and senior software engineer in an AGILE development team in Planetek Italia. In this position, he have direct responsibility for project execution, technical proposal writing, team management, analysis and development Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI).
He has long technical experience as software Developer and architect first and team manager then. Excellent understanding of system integration, database design and web development techniques on server and client side. Well-respected team members. In case, capability to assist them directly with coding and debugging problems. He is responsible for the operations of the Rheticus Displacement platform.
Ilias Ioannou (Male). He is a technical Specialist and Software Developer. He holds an MSc degree in Computer Engineering from the Polytechnic university of Bari. He is a member of Planetek since 2013, and has been involved in design and development of projects concerning the management of geospatial data for environmental monitoring and emergencies. He is actively involved and performed various tasks in the SEO-DWARF project, since its launch in 2016.